2001's Top Ten
On a recent trip to Singapore from Malaysia, we picked up a
copy of the New Straits Times, 27 December 2001, and saw listed there the
top stories for last year. We list them for your interest:
- "Sept 11 attacks on the United States and
subsequent war on terrorism.
- Anthrax scare.
- Middle East violence.
- George W. Bush takes office as President of the
United States, American politics.
- Milosevic arrested, taken to The Hague.
- World economy weakens.
- Europe hit by mad-cow and foot-and-mouth diseases.
- Rising power of the European Union, introduction of
- China admitted to World Trade Organisation.
- A statistical tie: Unrest at G-8 summit and massacre
of Nepalese royal family..."
Our big story for the year 2001, is that hundreds and
hundreds of people worldwide received the Lord Jesus Christ as their own
personal Saviour and experienced the joy of the Lord coming to live within them,
giving them a completely brand new lifestyle -– Praise the Lord!