Many times folks will say to
me…“How come you claim to know so much, yet even
Jesus himself doesn’t know?”
Didn’t he say “But of
that day and that hour knoweth no man, no not the angels which
are in heaven, neither the Son but the Father” Mark 13:32.
Please note that in the gospel of
mark, Jesus is portrayed vividly as the son of man, the true and
In Philippians 2:5-8, we are
taught that our Lord Jesus Christ voluntarily laid down his
rights to full equality with God the father whilst here on earth.
He did this for a period only; during this time he would
experience all our human experiences, thus becoming a valid
Saviour, who started at the bottom, and worked His way up.
It was in this humbled state that
He confessed… “I do not know my date of return to
earth.” Foreknowledge at that point was limited.
Today, however, He knows the date
of His return. Just prior to going to the cross, He prayed this
prayer. “And now, oh father, glorify thou me with thine own
self with glory which I had with thee before the world
was.” John 17:5
Question: “Did he get
the glory returned, and thus the prayer answered?”
Answer: “Yes he did.
He now knows the date of his return, and ladles out relevant
information to his prophets as He wills.” The prophets pass
it on to the people.
Remember that the Lord Jesus
Christ only said that people would not know the ‘hour or
the day.’ He did not mention weeks, months or years.
Paul the Apostle says that as the
information is ladled out we will know that blessed day.
1 Thessalonians 5:4
“But ye Brethren are not in
the darkness that day should over take you as a thief.”
Who said Christ is coming again?
Who says he is not?
- The vast majority of ministers in training. This is a natural result of the unbelief being taught in most Theological seminaries today. (I speak as one who has experienced this training.)
Who says he is?
- The prophets. Daniel says… “And the stone that smote the image, became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.” Daniel 2:35b. Who is the stone? He is the one that Peter says “the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner” Peter 2:7b—Christ Himself. Zechariah says… “And
his feet shall stand in that day up on the Mount of
Olives…” Zecheriah 14:4a. Whose feet? Christ’s
- Two men in white clothes (probably Moses and Elijah) at Christ’s ascension into heaven. “Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven. This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven shall so come even as ye have seen Him go into Heaven.” Acts 1:11.
- The Apostle Paul “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first; Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. Here Paul agrees perfectly with, and amplifies the words of the two men in white clothes.
- The Apostle John says…“ Behold, He cometh with clouds, and every eye shall see Him…” Revelation 1:7a.
- The lord Jesus Christ said…“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am there ye may be also.” John 14:3.
Warning by Barry R Smith